The Advocate doesn’t deal directly with the concerns of individual children or young people. We do however provide advice, information and make referrals. If you want to raise a concern or make a complaint regarding a particular child, go to the NSW Ombudsman, the Health Care Complaints Commission or the Independent Commission Against Corruption.

Reporting suspected abuse or neglect

Anyone who suspects, on reasonable grounds, that a child or young person is at risk of being neglected or physically, sexually or emotionally abused, should report it to the Community Services Child Protection Helpline on 132 111 (TTY 1800 212 936) for the cost of a local call, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week or find out more about reporting suspected abuse or neglect online.

If you're a child or young person in need of help

Children or young people who need help can contact the Kids Helpline: 1800 551 800 (toll free), or contact them through their Email Counselling service.